← Back to the list of articles
Why Smartle is actually good for you
Word puzzle games have become incredibly popular in recent years. This renewed interest in such games is thanks to a Wordle game that quickly gained people's attention and became extremely popular. Wordle is a wordfinder game where you find a five-letter word of the day by trying out different words and receiving clues about the solution. Easy to play but hard to put down. Because of Wordle's huge success, more and more people are now getting into word puzzles and more and more creators are creating free word search puzzle games.
Play Smartle for free
As you may already know, we were also inspired by Wordle when creating Smartle: simple and intuitive design, single daily challenge, the goal that can be achieved in less than 10 minutes of your time but challenging enough to make you work for it. However, Smartle has a completely different gameplay idea where you need to rearrange letters on a 5x5 playing field and find 5 words at the same time. We didn't want it to be just another free fun word puzzle for passing the time, but also good for the players. And you know what? It's not just entertaining, but it's also good for your mind and body. While some games might not be well-received by society, word puzzles are in a good place. The more you play, the better it is for you! Here is why playing daily word puzzle games like Smartle can be incredibly beneficial for various reasons:
- Mental Stimulation: Both difficult and easy words search games provide a mental workout, challenging your brain and improving cognitive abilities such as memory, concentration, and problem-solving skills.
- Vocabulary Expansion: By playing word search games, you encounter new words and learn their meanings, which helps expand your vocabulary and language skills. We have a plan to provide word definitions in Smartle soon, so that when you have found a word by accident, or when you are not sure what a word means, you can always take a look at its definition.
- Spelling Improvement: Letter puzzle games require you to find and correctly spell the words. This can be very helpful when learning English as a second language because a lot of words are not written in the same manner as we hear them.
- Brain Health: Playing Smartle and other word games can have a positive impact on our brain health, including potentially delaying the onset of conditions like Alzheimer's disease. When we engage in wordsearch and crossword puzzles, we challenge our minds, improve our cognitive abilities, and strengthen the brain's neural connections. Playing puzzles and word games helps keep our brains sharp and agile.
- Relaxation and Stress Relief: Finding word puzzle games can be incredibly calming and provide a welcome escape from the stresses of everyday life. As we focus on solving puzzles and finding words, we enter a state of relaxation, which can alleviate stress and promote a sense of well-being.
- Improved Focus and Concentration: Word search games require focused attention and concentration as you search for specific words, helping enhance your ability to stay focused on a task. A really nice thing to have in our multitasking world.
So, daily word puzzle games like Smartle are not only entertaining, but they also give valuable benefits for our mental health and overall well-being. Should we create a list of our most favourite free online word puzzle games? Let us know on our Discord server while we are working on adding a comment section to this blog.
Don’t forget to finish your today's game of Smartle!